34 CFR 350.40 - What is required of each applicant regarding the needs of individuals with disabilities from minority backgrounds?
prev | next
(a) Unless the Secretary indicates otherwise in a notice published in the Federal Register, an applicant for assistance under this program must demonstrate in its application how it will address, in whole or in part, the needs of individuals with disabilities from minority backgrounds.
(b) The approaches an applicant may take to meet this requirement may include one or more of the following:
(1) Proposing project objectives addressing the needs of individuals with disabilities from minority backgrounds.
(2) Demonstrating that the project will address a problem that is of particular significance to individuals with disabilities from minority backgrounds.
(3) Demonstrating that individuals from minority backgrounds will be included in study samples in sufficient numbers to generate information pertinent to individuals with disabilities from minority backgrounds.
(4) Drawing study samples and program participant rosters from populations or areas that include individuals from minority backgrounds.
(5) Providing outreach to individuals with disabilities from minority backgrounds to ensure that they are aware of rehabilitation services, clinical care, or training offered by the project.
(6) Disseminating materials to or otherwise increasing the access to disability information among minority populations.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1820-0027)
(Authority: Sec. 21(b)(6); 29 U.S.C. 718b(b)(6))
Title 34 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.