34 CFR 361.50 - Written policies governing the provision of services for individuals with disabilities.
(a) Policies. The State unit must develop and maintain written policies covering the nature and scope of each of the vocational rehabilitation services specified in § 361.48 and the criteria under which each service is provided. The policies must ensure that the provision of services is based on the rehabilitation needs of each individual as identified in that individual's IPE and is consistent with the individual's informed choice. The written policies may not establish any arbitrary limits on the nature and scope of vocational rehabilitation services to be provided to the individual to achieve an employment outcome. The policies must be developed in accordance with the following provisions:
(1) The State unit may establish a preference for in-State services, provided that the preference does not effectively deny an individual a necessary service. If the individual chooses an out-of-State service at a higher cost than an in-State service, if either service would meet the individual's rehabilitation needs, the designated State unit is not responsible for those costs in excess of the cost of the in-State service.
(2) The State unit may not establish policies that effectively prohibit the provision of out-of-State services.
(1) The State unit must establish and maintain written policies to govern the rates of payment for all purchased vocational rehabilitation services.
(2) The State unit may establish a fee schedule designed to ensure a reasonable cost to the program for each service, if the schedule is—
(3) The State unit may not place absolute dollar limits on specific service categories or on the total services provided to an individual.
(1) The State unit may establish reasonable time periods for the provision of services provided that the time periods are—
(2) The State unit may not establish absolute time limits on the provision of specific services or on the provision of services to an individual. The duration of each service needed by an individual must be determined on an individual basis and reflected in that individual's individualized plan for employment.
(e) Authorization of services. The State unit must establish policies related to the timely authorization of services, including any conditions under which verbal authorization can be given.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1820-0500)
Title 34 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.