34 CFR 366.3 - What activities may the Secretary fund?
(a) An eligible agency may use funds awarded under subpart B of this part to carry out activities described in § 366.11(b).
(1) Plan, conduct, administer, and evaluate centers that comply with the standards and assurances in section 725(b) and (c) of the Act;
(2) Promote and practice the independent living (IL) philosophy in accordance with Evaluation Standard 1 (“Philosophy”);
(3) Provide IL services (including IL core services and, as appropriate, a combination of any other IL services specified in section 7(30)(B) of the Act) to individuals with a range of significant disabilities in accordance with Evaluation Standards 2 and 5 (“Provision of services” and “Independent living core services,” respectively);
(4) Facilitate the development and achievement of IL goals selected by individuals with significant disabilities who seek assistance in the development and achievement of IL goals from the center in accordance with Evaluation Standard 3 (“Independent living goals”);
(5) Increase the availability and improve the quality of community options for independent living in order to facilitate the development and achievement of IL goals by individuals with significant disabilities in accordance with Evaluation Standard 4 (“Community options”);
(6) Increase the capacity of communities within the service area of the center to meet the needs of individuals with significant disabilities in accordance with Evaluation Standard 6 (“Activities to increase community capacity”);
(7) Conduct resource development activities to obtain funding from sources other than chapter 1 of title VII of the Act in accordance with Evaluation Standard 7 (Resource development activities); and
(8) Conduct activities necessary to comply with the assurances in section 725(c) of the Act, including, but not limited to the following:
(i) Aggressive outreach regarding services provided through the center in an effort to reach populations of individuals with significant disabilities that are unserved or underserved by programs under title VII of the Act, especially minority groups and urban and rural populations.
(ii) Training for center staff on how to serve unserved and underserved populations, including minority groups and urban and rural populations.
(9) Cross-reference: See § 366.71 in subpart G.
(Authority: 29 U.S.C. 796f through 796f-4)
Title 34 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.