34 CFR 370.5 - What regulations apply?
The following regulations apply to the expenditure of funds under the CAP:
(1) 34 CFR part 74 (Administration of Grants to Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals and Nonprofit Organizations) applies to the designated agency if the designated agency is not a State agency, local government agency, or Indian tribal organization. As the entity that eventually, if not directly, receives the CAP grant funds, the designated agency is considered a recipient for purposes of part 74.
(2) 34 CFR part 76 (State-Administered Programs) applies to the State and, if the designated agency is a State or local government agency, to the designated agency, except for—
(i) § 76.103;
(ii) §§ 76.125 through 76.137;
(iii) §§ 76.300 through 76.401;
(iv) § 76.708;
(v) § 76.734; and
(vi) § 76.740.
(3) 34 CFR part 77 (Definitions That Apply to Department Regulations).
(4) 34 CFR part 79 (Intergovernmental Review of Department of Education Programs and Activities).
(5) 34 CFR part 80 (Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements to State and Local Governments) applies to the State and, if the designated agency is a State or local government agency, to the designated agency.
(6) 34 CFR part 81 (General Education Provisions Act-Enforcement) applies to both the State and the designated agency, whether or not the designated agency is the actual recipient of the CAP grant. As the entity that eventually, if not directly, receives the CAP grant funds, the designated agency is considered a recipient for purposes of Part 81.
(7) 34 CFR part 82 (New Restrictions on Lobbying).
(8) 34 CFR part 85 (Governmentwide Debarment and Suspension (Nonprocurement) and Governmentwide Requirements for Drug-Free Workplace (Grants)).
(b) The regulations in this part 370.
(c) The regulations in 34 CFR 369.43, 369.46 and 369.48, relating to various conditions to be met by grantees.
Any funds made available to a State under this program that are transferred by a State to a designated agency do not comprise a subgrant as that term is defined in 34 CFR 77.1. The designated agency is not, therefore, in these circumstances a subgrantee, as that term is defined in that section or in 34 CFR part 74, 76, or 80.)
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.