34 CFR 386.33 - What are the requirements for grantees in disbursing scholarships?
(B) A permanent resident of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands; or
(ii) Shall confirm from documentation issued to the individual by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service that he or she—
(B) Is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a citizen or permanent resident; and
(2) Shall confirm that the applicant has expressed interest in a career in clinical practice, administration, supervision, teaching, or research in the vocational rehabilitation, supported employment, or independent living rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities, especially individuals with severe disabilities;
(3) Shall have documentation that the individual expects to maintain or seek employment in a designated State rehabilitation agency or in a nonprofit rehabilitation, professional corporation, professional practice group, or related agency providing services to individuals with disabilities or individuals with severe disabilities under an agreement with a designated State agency;
(4) Shall reduce the scholarship by the amount in which the combined awards would be in excess of the cost of attendance, if a scholarship, when added to the amount the scholar is to receive for the same academic year under title IV of the Higher Education Act, would otherwise exceed the scholar's cost of attendance;
(5) Shall limit scholarship assistance to the individual's cost of attendance at the institution for no more than four academic years except that the grantee may provide an extension consistent with the institution's accommodations under section 504 of the Act if the grantee determines that an individual has a disability that seriously affects the completion of the course of study; and
(6) Shall obtain a Certification of Eligibility for Federal Assistance from each scholar as prescribed in 34 CFR 75.60, 75.61, and 75.62.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1820-0018)
Title 34 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.