(a) Training activities supported under a State vocational rehabilitation unit in-service training grant focus primarily on program areas that are essential to the State unit's operation or on skill areas that will enable staff personnel to improve their ability to function on their job, or prepare for positions of greater responsibility within the unit, or to correct deficiencies identified in the State program. Projects may—
(1) Address recruitment and retention of qualified rehabilitation professionals;
(2) Provide for succession planning;
(3) Provide for leadership development and capacity building; and
(4) For fiscal year 1994, provide training on the amendments to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 made by the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1992.
(b) Training methods may include—
(1) The development of State unit training institutes related to the specific aspects of State unit administration or service provision;
(2) Group employee training at courses conducted in cooperation with or by an educational institution;
(3) Individualized directed study in priority areas of State unit service or practice;
(4) Employee access to current agency instructional resources for books, films, videos, tapes, and other human resource development resources;
(5) Distance learning through telecommunications; and
(6) Dissemination and information sharing with other designated State agencies.
(Authority: 29 U.S.C. 770 and 771a)
Title 34 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.