34 CFR 410.10 - What must an application contain?
prev | next
(a) An application for a grant under the Tribally Controlled Postsecondary Vocational Institutions Program must include the following:
(1) Documentation showing that the institution is eligible according to the requirements in § 410.2.
(2) A description of the fiscal control and fund accounting procedures to be used for all funds received under this program that will allow the Secretary to monitor expenditures and the Education Department Inspector General, the U.S. Comptroller General, or an independent non-Federal auditor to audit the institution's programs.
(3) The institution's operating expenses for the preceding fiscal year, including allowable expenses listed in § 410.30.
(b) An application for an institutional support grant must also contain a comprehensive development plan addressing the following:
(1) The institutional mission statement, i.e., a broad statement of purpose, that identifies the institution's distinguishing characteristics, including the characteristics of the students the institution serves and plans to serve and the programs of study it offers and proposes to offer.
(2) Data for the past three academic years reflecting the number and required qualifications of the teaching and administrative staff, the number of students enrolled, attendance rates, dropout rates, graduation rates, rate of job placement or college enrollment after graduation, and the most significant scholastic problems affecting the student population.
(3) A description of how the institution is responsive to the current and projected labor market needs in its geographic area, including the institution's plans for placement of students.
(4) Assumptions concerning the institutional environment, the potential number of students to be served, enrollment trends, and economic factors that could affect the institution.
(6) Long-range and short-range goals that will chart the growth and development of the institution and address the problems identified under paragraph (b)(5) of this section.
(8) Time-frames for achieving the goals and objectives described in paragraphs (b)(6) and (7) of this section.
(9) Priorities for implementing improvements concerning instructional and student support, capital expenditures, equipment, and other priority areas.
(10) Major resource requirements necessary to achieve the institution's goals and objectives, including personnel, finances, equipment, and facilities.
(11) A detailed budget identifying the costs to be paid with a grant under this program and resources available from other Federal, State, and local sources that will be used to achieve the institution's goals and objectives. Budget and cost information must be sufficiently detailed to enable the Secretary to determine the amount of payments pursuant to section 386(b)(2) of the Act. The statement must include information on allowable expenses listed in § 410.30.
(12) Strategies and resources for objectively evaluating the institution's progress towards, and success in, achieving its goals and objectives.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under Control No. 1830-0013)
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.