(a) The Secretary pays only part of the cost of a project funded under this part. Other than travel costs, the Secretary does not pay any of the costs for project-related expenses within the United States.
(b) The Secretary pays the cost of the following—
(1) A maintenance stipend related to the cost of living in the host country or countries;
(2) Round-trip international travel;
(3) A local travel allowance for necessary project-related transportation within the country of study, exclusive of the purchase of transportation equipment;
(4) Purchase of project-related artifacts, books, and other teaching materials in the country of study;
(5) Rent for instructional facilities in the country of study;
(6) Clerical and professional services performed by resident instructional personnel in the country of study; and
(7) Other expenses in the country of study, if necessary for the project's success and approved in advance by the Secretary.
(c) The Secretary may pay—
(1) Emergency medical expenses not covered by a participant's health and accident insurance; and
(2) The costs of preparing and transporting the remains of a participant who dies during the term of a project to his or her former home.
(Authority: 22 U.S.C. 2452(b)(6), 2454(e)(1))
Title 34 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.