34 CFR 668.151 - Administration of tests.
(1) To establish a student's eligibility for title IV, HEA program funds under this subpart, an institution must select a test administrator to give an approved test.
(2) An institution may use the results of an approved test it received from an approved test publisher or assessment center to determine a student's eligibility to receive title IV, HEA program funds if the test was independently administered and properly administered in accordance with this subpart.
(1) Given at an assessment center by a certified test administrator who is an employee of the center; or
(2) Given by an independent test administrator who maintains the test at a secure location and submits the test for scoring by the test publisher or the State or, for a computer-based test, a record of the test scores, within two business days of administering the test.
(2) Pays a test administrator a bonus, commission, or any other incentive based upon the test scores or pass rates of its students who take the test; or
(1) Is certified by the test publisher or the State, as applicable, to give the test publisher's or the State's test;
(2) Administers the test in accordance with instructions provided by the test publisher or the State, as applicable, and in a manner that ensures the integrity and security of the test;
(5) Submits the completed test or, for a computer-based test, a record of test scores, to the test publisher or the State, as applicable, within the time period specified in § 668.152(b) or paragraph (b)(2) of this section, as appropriate, and in accordance with the test publisher's or the State's instructions.
(f) An individual who fails to pass a test approved under this subpart may not retake the same form of the test for the period prescribed by the test publisher or the State responsible for the test.
(g) An institution must maintain a record for each individual who took a test under this subpart. The record must include—
(4) The name and address of the test administrator who administered the test and any identifier assigned to the test administrator by the test publisher or the State; and
(5) If the individual who took the test is an individual with a disability and was unable to be evaluated by the use of an approved ATB test or the individual requested or required testing accommodations, documentation of the individual's disability and of the testing arrangements provided in accordance with § 668.153(b).(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1845-0049)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1091(d))
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.