34 CFR 668.96 - Reinstatement after termination.
(1) An institution whose participation in a Title IV, HEA program has been terminated may file a request for reinstatement of that participation.
(2) A third-party servicer whose eligibility to contract with any institution to administer any aspect of the institution's participation in a Title IV, HEA program has been terminated may file a request for reinstatement of that eligibility.
(b) An institution whose participation has been terminated or a third-party servicer whose eligibility has been terminated may request reinstatement only after the later of the expiration of—
(2) A debarment or suspension under Executive Order 12549 (3 CFR, 1986 Comp., p. 189) or the Federal Acquisition Regulations, 48 CFR part 9, subpart 9.4.
(c) To be reinstated, an institution or third-party servicer must submit its request for reinstatement in writing to the Secretary and must—
(1) Demonstrate to the Secretary's satisfaction that it has corrected the violation or violations on which its termination was based, including payment in full to the Secretary or to other recipients of funds that the institution or servicer, as applicable, has improperly received, withheld, disbursed, or caused to be disbursed;
(3) In the case of an institution, enter into a new program participation agreement with the Secretary.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1840-0537)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1094; E.O. 12549 (3 CFR, 1986 Comp., p. 189), 12689 (3 CFR, 1989 Comp., p. 235))
[59 FR 22451, Apr. 29, 1994, as amended at 59 FR 34964, July 7, 1994]
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.