(a) The maximum annual amount of Federal Perkins Loans and NDSLs an eligible student may borrow is—
(1) $5,500 for a student who is enrolled in a program of undergraduate education; and
(2) $8,000 for a graduate or professional student.
(b) The aggregate unpaid principal amount of all Federal Perkins Loans and NDSLs received by an eligible student may not exceed—
(1) $27,500 for a student who has successfully completed two years of a program leading to a bachelor's degree but who has not received the degree;
(2) $60,000 for a graduate or professional student; and
(3) $11,000 for any other student.
(c) The maximum annual amounts described in paragraph (a) of this section and the aggregate maximum amounts described in paragraph (b) of this section may be exceeded by 20 percent if the student is engaged in a program of study abroad that is approved for credit by the home institution at which the student is enrolled and that has reasonable costs in excess of the home institution's cost of attendance.
(d) For each student, the maximum annual amounts described in paragraphs (a) and (c) of this section, and the aggregate maximum amounts described in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, include any amounts borrowed previously by the student under title IV, part E of the HEA at any institution.