34 CFR 675.20 - Eligible employers and general conditions and limitation on employment.
(1) If an institution wishes to have its students employed under this part by a Federal, State or local public agency, or a private nonprofit or for-profit organization, it shall enter into a written agreement with that agency or organization. The agreement must set forth the FWS work conditions. The agreement must indicate whether the institution or the agency or organization shall pay the students employed, except that the agreement between an institution and a for-profit organization must require the employer to pay the non-Federal share of the student earnings.
(2) The institution may enter into an agreement with an agency or organization that has professional direction and staff.
(4) The agreement between the institution and the employing agency or nonprofit organization may require the employer to pay—
(ii) Required employer costs such as the employer's share of social security or workers' compensation.
(1) Regardless of the student's employer, the student's work must be governed by employment conditions, including pay, that are appropriate and reasonable in terms of—
(iv) Involve the construction, operation, or maintenance of any part of a facility used or to be used for religious worship or sectarian instruction; or
(1) A student may be employed under the FWS program and also receive academic credit for the work performed. Those jobs include, but are not limited to, work performed when the student is—(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1845-0019)
(Authority: 42 U.S.C. 2753)
Title 34 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.