36 CFR 1232.16 - What documentation must an agency create before it transfers records to a records storage facility?
(a) Documentation must include for each individual records series spanning one or more consecutive years transferred to storage:
(3) Description (in the case of permanent or unscheduled records, the description must include a folder title list of the box contents or equivalent detailed records description);
(5) Physical form and medium of records (e.g., paper, motion picture film, sound recordings, photographs, or digital images);
(7) Citation to NARA-approved records schedule or agency records disposition manual (unscheduled records must cite the date the agency notified NARA or, if available, the date the SF 115 was submitted to NARA);
(10) Date of disposition action (transfer to the National Archives of the United States or destruction);
(b) In the case of permanent and unscheduled records, provide copies of such documentation to NARA and advise NARA in writing of the new location whenever the records are moved to a new storage facility. For permanent records, the agency must transmit this documentation to the National Archives and Records Administration, Modern Records Programs (NWM), 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD 20740-6001, phone number (301) 837-1738, no later than 30 days after records are transferred to the agency records center or commercial records storage facility.
(1) Retain temporary records until the expiration of their NARA-approved retention period and no longer, except as provided for in § 1226.18 of this subchapter.
(2) Transfer permanent records to the National Archives of the United States in accordance with 36 CFR part 1235.
Title 36 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.