How will NARA determine if I am eligible for a fee waiver for NARA operational records?
(a) If you request a fee waiver, NARA will consider the following in reviewing how your request meets the public interest criteria in § 1250.58(a)(1) :
(1) How do the records pertain to the operations and activities of the Federal Government?
(2) Will release reveal any meaningful information about Federal Government activities that is not already publicly known?
(3) Will disclosure to you advance the understanding of the general public on the issue?
(4) Do you have expertise in or a thorough understanding of these records?
(5) Will you be able to disseminate this information to a broad spectrum of the public?
(6) Will disclosure lead to a significantly greater understanding of the Government by the public?
(b) After reviewing your request and determining that there is a substantial public interest in release, NARA will also review it to determine if it furthers your commercial interests. If it does, you are not eligible for a fee waiver.
Title 36 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.