(a) Recreation use fees shall be established by all outdoor recreation administering agencies of the Department of the Interior in accordance with the following criteria:
(1) The direct and indirect cost to the government,
(2) The benefit to the recipient,
(3) The public policy or interest served,
(4) The comparable recreation fees charged by other Federal agencies, non-Federal public agencies and the private sector located within the service area of the management unit at which the fee is charged,
(5) The economic and administrative feasibility of fee collection, and
(6) Other pertinent factors.
(b) With the approval of the Secretary of the Interior recreation use fees may be established for other types of facilities in addition to those which are listed below.
(c) Types of recreation facilities for which use fees may be charged:
Tent, trailer and recreation vehicle sites 1
Group camping sites 1,2
Specialized boat launching facilities and services 3
Boat storage and handling
Ferries and other means of transportation
Vehicle and trailer storage
Rental of nonmotorized boats
Rental of motorized boats
Rental of hunting blinds
Specialized sites (highly developed)
[45 FR 43168, June 26, 1980. Redesignated at 46 FR 34329, July 1, 1981, and correctly redesignated at 46 FR 43045, Aug. 26, 1981]
Title 36 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.