The Patent and Trademark Office has established the following fees for the services indicated:
(a) Registration of attorneys and agents:
(1) For admission to examination for registration to practice:
(i) Application Fee (non-refundable)—$40.00
(ii) Registration examination fee
(A) For test administration by commercial entity—$200.00
(B) For test administration by the USPTO—$450.00
(2) On registration to practice or grant of limited recognition under § 11.9(b) or (c)—$100.00
(4) For certificate of good standing as an attorney or agent—$10.00
(i) Suitable for framing—$20.00
(5) For review of decision:
(i) By the Director of Enrollment and Discipline under § 11.2(c)—$130.00
(ii) Of the Director of Enrollment and Discipline under § 11.2(d)—$130.00
(7) Annual practitioner maintenance fee for registered attorney or agent.
(i) Active Status—$118.00.
(ii) Voluntary Inactive Status—$25.00.
(iii) Fee for requesting restoration to active status from voluntary inactive status—$50.00.
(iv) Balance due upon restoration to active status from voluntary inactive status—$93.00.
(8) Annual practitioner maintenance fee for individual granted limited recognition—$118.00.
(i) Delinquency fee—$50.00.
(ii) Administrative reinstatement fee—$100.00.
(10) On application by a person for recognition or registration after disbarment or suspension on ethical grounds, or resignation pending disciplinary proceedings in any other jurisdiction; on application by a person for recognition or registration who is asserting rehabilitation from prior conduct that resulted in an adverse decision in the Office regarding the person's moral character; and on application by a person for recognition or registration after being convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude or breach of fiduciary duty; on petition for reinstatement by a person excluded or suspended on ethical grounds, or excluded on consent from practice before the Office.—$1,600.00
(b) Deposit accounts:
(1) For establishing a deposit account—$10.00
(2) Service charge for each month when the balance at the end of the month is below $1,000—$25.00
(3) Service charge for each month when the balance at the end of the month is below $300 for restricted subscription deposit accounts used exclusively for subscription order of patent copies as issued—$25.00
(d) Delivery box: Local delivery box rental, per annum—$50.00
(e) International type search reports: For preparing an international type search report of an international type search made at the time of the first action on the merits in a national patent application—$40.00
(g) Self-service copy charge, per page—$0.25
(h) For recording each assignment, agreement or other paper relating to the property in a patent or application, per property—$40.00
(i) Publication in Official Gazette: For publication in the Official Gazette of a notice of the availability of an application or a patent for licensing or sale:
Each application or patent—$25.00
(j) Labor charges for services, per hour or fraction thereof—$40.00
(k) For items and services that the Director finds may be supplied, for which fees are not specified by statute or by this part, such charges as may be determined by the Director with respect to each such item or service—Actual Cost
(m) For processing each payment refused (including a check returned “unpaid”) or charged back by a financial institution—$50.00.
(n) For handling an application in which proceedings are terminated pursuant to § 1.53(e)—$130.00
For Federal Register citations affecting § 1.21, see the List of CFR Sections Affected, which appears in the Finding Aids section of the printed volume and at www.fdsys.gov.
Title 37 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 37.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.