(b) The specification should include the following sections in order:
(1) Title of the invention, which may be accompanied by an introductory portion stating the name, citizenship, and residence of the applicant (unless included in the application data sheet).
(2) Cross-reference to related applications (unless included in the application data sheet).
(3) Statement regarding federally sponsored research or development.
(4) The names of the parties to a joint research agreement.
(5) Reference to a “Sequence Listing,” a table, or a computer program listing appendix submitted on a compact disc and an incorporation-by-reference of the material on the compact disc (see § 1.52(e)(5) ). The total number of compact discs including duplicates and the files on each compact disc shall be specified.
(6) Background of the invention.
(7) Brief summary of the invention.
(8) Brief description of the several views of the drawing.
(9) Detailed description of the invention.
(10) A claim or claims.
(11) Abstract of the disclosure.
(12) “Sequence Listing,” if on paper (see §§ 1.821 through 1.825).
(c) The text of the specification sections defined in paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(12) of this section, if applicable, should be preceded by a section heading in uppercase and without underlining or bold type.
[65 FR 54668, Sept. 8, 2000, as amended at 70 FR 1823, Jan. 11, 2005]
Title 37 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 37.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.