§ 201.3Fees for registration, recordation, and related services, special services, and services performed by the Licensing Division.
(a)General. This section prescribes the fees for registration, recordation, and related services, special services, and services performed by the Licensing Division.
(b)Definitions. For purposes of this section, the following definitions apply:
(1)Registration, recordation, and related service fee. This is the fee for a registration or recordation service that the Office is required to perform under 17 U.S.C., or a directly related service. It includes those services described in section 708(a)(1)-(9) and authorized by Pub. L. 105-80.
(2)Special service fee. This is a fee for a special service not specified in title 17, which the Register of Copyrights may fix at any time on the basis of the cost of providing the service, as provided by 17 U.S.C. 708(a).
(3)Licensing Division service fee. This is a fee for a service performed by the Licensing Division.
(c)Registration, recordation and related service fees. The Copyright Office has established the following fees for these services:
Registration, Recordation and Related Services
(1) Registration of a basic claim in an original work of authorship:
Forms PA, SR, TX, VA, SE
(2) Registration of a claim in a group of contributions to periodicals (Form GR/CP), published photographs, or database updates:
Electronic filing of automated databases that predominantly consist of photographs and updates thereto or group registration of published photographs
Forms GR/CP, PA, SR, VA and SE (paper filing)
(3) Registration of a renewal claim (Form RE):
Claim without Addendum
(4) Registration of a claim in a group of serials (Form SE/Group)(per issue, minimum 2 issues)
(5) Registration of a claim in a group of daily newspapers and qualified newsletters (Form G/DN)
(6) Registration of a claim in a restored copyright (Form GATT)
(7) Preregistration of certain unpublished works
(8) Registration of a correction or amplification to a claim (Form CA and Form DC)
(9) Registration of a claim in a mask work (Form MW)
(10) Registration of a claim in a vessel hull (Form D/VH)
(11) Providing an additional certificate of registration
(12) Certification of other Copyright Office records (per hour)
(13) Search report prepared from official records (per hour) (minimum: 2 hours)
Estimate of search fee
(14) Location and retrieval of Copyright Office materials or records (per hour)
Fee for location and retrieval of electronic records (per quarter hour) (minimum: 1/2 hour)
(15) Recordation of document, including a Notice of Intention to Enforce (NIE) (single title)
Additional titles (per group of 10 titles)
(16) Recordation of an Interim Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement under § 512(c)(2) (single name)
Additional domain names (per group of 10)
(17) Recordation of a Notice of Intention to Make and Distribute Phonorecords (17 U.S.C. 115) (single title)
Additional titles (per group of 10)
(18) Issuance of a receipt for § 407 deposit
(d)Special Service Fees. The Copyright Office has established the following fees for special services:
(1) Service charge for deposit account overdraft
(2) Service charge for dishonored deposit account replenishment check
(3) Service charge for an uncollectible or non-negotiable check
Amended Notice of Digital Transmission of Sound Recording
(6) Photocopy of record by staff (b&w) (per page) (minimum $12)
(7) Search and report services (per hour)
(8) Certification of search report (per hour)
(f)Fees for travel in connection with educational activities. For travel expenses in connection with Copyright Office educational activities when participation by Copyright Office personnel has been requested by another organization or person and that organization or person has agreed to pay such expenses, collection of the fee shall be subject to, and the amount of the fee shall be no greater than, the amount authorized under the Federal Travel Regulations found in Chapters 300 through 304 of Title 41.