37 CFR 212.8 - Correction of errors in certificates of registration.
prev | next
(1) This section prescribes conditions relating to the correction of clerical or typographical errors in a certificate of registration of a vessel hull design, under section 1319 of title 17 of the United States Code, as amended by Public Law 105-304.
(2) For the purposes of this section, a basic registration means registration of a vessel hull design made under sections 1310 through 1314 of title 17 of the United States Code, as amended by Public Law 105-304.
(3) No correction of the information in a basic registration will be made except pursuant to the provisions of this § 212.8. As an exception, where it is discovered that the record of a vessel hull design registration contains a clerical or typographical error made by the Copyright Office, the Office will take appropriate measures to rectify its error. Correction will be made only of clerical or typographical errors; errors of a different nature cannot be corrected and there is no procedure to amplify the registration record with additional information.
(b) Application for correction of error in certificate. At any time after registration of a vessel hull design, the Copyright Office will correct a clerical or typographical error in the registration upon the application of the owner of the registered design or the owner's authorized agent.
(1) An application to correct a registration shall be made on a form prescribed by the Copyright Office, shall be accompanied by the appropriate filing fee identified in § 201.3(c) and shall contain the following information:
(iv) The name or names of the designer or designers of the vessel hull, and the owner or owners of the vessel hull design, as they appear in the basic registration;
(v) The space number and heading or description of the part of the basic registration where the error occurred;
(A) The handwritten signature of the owner of the registered design or of the duly authorized agent of such owner (who shall also be identified);
(C) A statement that the person signing the application is the owner of the registered design or of the duly authorized agent of such owner, and that the statements made in the application are correct to the best of that person's knowledge.
(2) The form prescribed by he Copyright Office for the foregoing purposes is designated “Application to Correct a Design Registration (Form DC)”. Copies of the form are available free upon request to the Public Information Office, Library of Congress, Copyright Office, 101 Independence Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20559-6000 or on the Copyright Office Web site at http://www.copyright.gov/forms/formdc.pdf.
(3) Copies, phonorecords or supporting documents cannot be made part of the record of a corrected certificate of registration and should not be submitted with the application.
(d) Fee. The filing fee for an application to correct a certificate of registration of a vessel hull design is prescribed in § 201.3(c).
[71 FR 46402, Aug. 14, 2006]
Title 37 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.