(a) All official determinations of a Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel will be published in the Federal Register in accordance with § 251.7 and include the relevant facts and reasons for those determinations.
(b) All records of a CARP, and all records of the Librarian of Congress assembled and/or created under 17 U.S.C. 801 and 802, are available for inspection and copying at the address provided in § 251.1 with the exception of:
(1) Records that relate solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of the Copyright Office or the Library of Congress;
(2) Records exempted by statute from disclosure;
(3) Interoffice memoranda or correspondence not available by law except to a party in litigation with a CARP, the Copyright Office, or the Library of Congress;
(4) Personnel, medical, or similar files whose disclosure would be an invasion of personal privacy;
(5) Communications among arbitrators of a CARP concerning the drafting of decisions, opinions, reports, and findings on any CARP matter or proceeding;
(6) Communications among the Librarian of Congress and staff of the Copyright Office or Library of Congress concerning decisions, opinions, reports, selection of arbitrators, or findings on any matter or proceeding conducted under 17 U.S.C. chapter 8;
(7) Offers of settlement that have not been accepted, unless they have been made public by the offeror;
(8) Records not herein listed but which may be withheld as “exempted” if a CARP or the Librarian of Congress finds compelling reasons for such action.
Title 37 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.