(a) For documents filed through TEAS, the following fees may be paid either directly to the International Bureau or through the Office:
(1) International application fees;
(2) Subsequent designation fees; and
(3) Recording fee for an assignment of an international registration under § 7.23.
(b) The fees in paragraph (a) of this section may be paid as follows:
(1) (i) Directly to the International Bureau by debit to a current account with the International Bureau. In this case, an applicant or holder's submission to the Office must include the International Bureau account number; or
(ii) Directly to the International Bureau using any other acceptable method of payment. In this case, an applicant or holder's submission to the Office must include the International Bureau receipt number for payment of the fees; or
(2) Through the Office. Fees paid through the Office must be paid in U.S. dollars at the time of submission. See § 2.207 of this chapter for acceptable forms of payment and § 2.208 of this chapter for payments using a deposit account established in the Office.
(c) All fees for paper filings must be paid directly to the International Bureau.
(d) The International Bureau fee calculator may be viewed on the Web site of the World Intellectual Property Organization, currently available at: http://www.wipo.int/madrid/en/.
[68 FR 55769, Sept. 26, 2003, as amended at 69 FR 57185, Sept. 24, 2004]
Title 37 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 37.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.