Functions and responsibilities of Regional Counsels.
(a) Functions and responsibilities of the Regional Counsels are those set forth in this part and all other matters assigned by the General Counsel.
(b) In any matter within the jurisdiction of the General Counsel, delegated or otherwise assigned, the Regional Counsel and designated staff attorneys are authorized to conduct investigations, examine witnesses, take affadavits, administer oaths and affirmations and certify copies of public or private documents.
(c) The Regional Counsel is authorized to, and shall, under the guidance of the General Counsel, provide legal services, advice and assistance to Department of Veterans Affairs installations within the district assigned. In any area of regulatory, assigned or delegated responsibility, the Regional Counsel may delegate to staff members or other Department of Veterans Affairs attorneys authority to perform, to the extent specified, any legal function under the professional direction of the Regional Counsel. Conversely, the Regional Counsel may modify, suspend, or rescind any authority delegated hereunder.
(d) The Regional Counsel is authorized to cooperate with affiliated organizations, legislative committees, and with local and State bar associations to the end that any State law deficiencies relating to Department of Veterans Affairs operations may be removed. No commitment as to proposed legislation will be made without the approval of the General Counsel.
(e) In any case wherein the Regional Counsel is authorized to take legal action and payment of costs and necessary expenses incident thereto are involved, the administration requesting such action will pay such cost and expenses. Where it is impractical for the Regional Counsel to perform the legal service because of cost, distance, etc., the customary fee for the service rendered by a local attorney employed by the Regional Counsel will be borne by the administration requesting such action.
(f) The jurisdictions and addresses of Regional Counsels are as follows:
(1) Region 1:(JURISDICTION) Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island; (ADDRESS) VAMC, 200 Springs Road, Bldg. 61, Bedford, MA 01730.
(2) Region 2:(JURISDICTION) New Jersey, Metropolitan New York City; (ADDRESS) 800 Poly Place, Building 14, Brooklyn, NY 11209.
(3) Region 3:(JURISDICTION) District of Columbia; Fairfax, Virginia; Arlington, Virginia; Alexandria, Virginia; Martinsburg, West Virginia; and Maryland; (ADDRESS) 3900 Loch Raven Blvd., Bldg. 4, Baltimore, MD 21218.
(4) Region 4:(JURISDICTION) Pennsylvania, Delaware; (ADDRESS) University & Woodland Avenues, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
(5) Region 5:(JURISDICTION) Georgia, South Carolina; (ADDRESS) 1700 Clairmont Rd., Decatur, GA 30033-4032.
(6) Region 6:(JURISDICTION) Florida, Puerto Rico; (ADDRESS) P.O. Box 5005, Building 22, Room 333, Bay Pines, FL 33744.
(7) Region 7:(JURISDICTION) Ohio, West Virginia (excluding Martinsburg, West Virginia); (ADDRESS) 10000 Brecksville Rd., Bldg. 1, 5th Floor, Brecksville, OH 44141.
(8) Region 8:(JURISDICTION) Arkansas, Tennessee; (ADDRESS) 110 9th Ave., South Room A-201A, Nashville, TN 37203.
(9) Region 9:(JURISDICTION) Alabama, Mississippi; (ADDRESS) 1500 E. Woodrow Wilson Dr., Jackson, MS 39216.
(10) Region 10:(JURISDICTION) Illinois, Iowa; (ADDRESS) VA Medical Center, Bldg. 1, G Section 1st Floor, P. O. Box 1427, Hines, IL 60141.
(11) Region 11:(JURISDICTION) Michigan, Wisconsin; (ADDRESS) Patrick V. McNamara Federal Bldg., Suite 1460, 477 Michigan Ave., Detroit, MI 48226.
(12) Region 12:(JURISDICTION) Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska; (ADDRESS) 1 Jefferson Barracks Drive, St. Louis, MO 63125-4185.
(13) Region 13:(JURISDICTION) Oklahoma, Northern Texas; (ADDRESS) 4800 Memorial Drive, Bldg. 12, Waco, TX 76711.