§ 21.120Educational and vocational training services.
(a)Purposes. The purposes of providing educational and vocational training services are to enable a veteran eligible for, and entitled to, services and assistance under Chapter 31 to:
(1) Meet the requirements for employment in the occupational objective established in the IWRP (Individualized Written Rehabilitation Plan);
(2) Provide incidental training which is necessary to achieve the employment objective in the IEAP (Individualized Employment Assistance Plan);
(3) Provide incidental training needed to achieve the goals of an IILP (Individualized Independent Living Plan); or
(4) Provide training services necessary to implement an IEEP (Individualized Extended Evaluation Plan).
(b)Selection of courses. VA will generally select courses of study and training, completion of which usually results in a diploma, certificate, degree, qualification for licensure, or employment. If such courses are not available in the area in which the veteran resides, or if they are available but not accessible to the veteran, other arrangements may be made. Such arrangements may include, but are not limited to:
(1) Relocation of the veteran to another area in which necessary services are available, or
(2) Use of an individual instructor to provide necessary training.