38 CFR 21.126 - Farm cooperative course.
(a) Definition. An approvable farm cooperative course is a full-time course designated to restore employability by training a veteran to:
(b) Reaching the goal of a farm cooperative course. The farm cooperative course must enable a veteran to become proficient in the type of farming for which he or she is being provided rehabilitation services. The areas in which proficiency is to be established include:
(c) Instruction, including organized group instruction. Instruction in a farm cooperative course may be by a mixture of organized group (classroom) instruction and individual instruction or by individual instruction alone. A course which includes organized group instruction must meet the following criteria to be considered as full-time:
(1) The number of clock hours of instruction which should be provided yearly shall meet the requirements of § 21.310(a)(4) and § 21.4264 pertaining to full-time pursuit of a farm cooperative course:
(2) The individual instructor portion of a farm cooperative course shall include at least 100 hours of individual instruction per year.
(1) Instruction in a farm cooperative course may be given solely by an individual instructor if organized group instruction is:
(ii) The major portion of the organized group instruction that is available does not have a direct relation to the veteran's farming operation and pertinent VA records are fully and clearly documented accordingly.
(ii) Be given by a fully qualified individual instructor by contract between VA and the instructor or an educational agency which employs the instructor.
(1) The plan for training developed by the case manager and the veteran in collaboration with the instructor must include:
(i) A complete written survey including but not limited to the areas identified in § 21.298 (a) and (b);
(iii) An annual plan identifying the part of the overall plan to be implemented which will be prepared before the beginning of each crop year; and
(iv) A detailed individual training program showing the kind and amount of instruction, classroom and individual, or individual; and
(2) The farm must meet the requirements for selecting a farm found in § 21.298.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3104(a)(7))
[49 FR 40814, Oct. 18, 1984; 50 FR 9622, Mar. 11, 1985]
Title 38 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.