(d)Termination of independent living program status. When a veteran's case has been assigned to independent living program status, the case will be terminated from that status, if one of the following occurs:
(1) A veteran, who has been notified of necessary arrangements to begin a program, the date the program begins and instructions as to the next steps to be taken:
(i) Fails to report and does not respond to followup contact by the case manager;
(ii) Declines or refuses to enter the program; or
(iii) Defers entry for more than 30 days beyond the scheduled beginning date, unless the deferment is due to illness or other sufficient reason.
(2) The veteran completes the IILP;
(3) Either the veteran or VA interrupts the program;
(4) Either the veteran or VA discontinues the program; or
(5) Service-connection for the veteran's service-connected disability is severed by VA or he or she otherwise ceases to be eligible.