38 CFR 21.332 - Payments of subsistence allowance.
(a) Eligibility. At the end of the month, VA shall pay to an eligible veteran enrolled in a rehabilitation program, subsistence allowance at the rates specified in § 21.260 for the type of program pursued during the month, unless advance payment is approved. VA will continue payments during those intervals described in § 21.270.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3108)
(2) The educational institution at which the veteran is accepted or enrolled has agreed to, and can carry out, satisfactorily, the provisions of 38 U.S.C. 3680(d) (4) and (5) pertaining to:
(i) The veteran's subsistence allowance for the month or part of a month in which his or her course will begin; plus
(2) Upon application and completion of arrangements for enrollment of a veteran who meets the criteria for an advance payment, VA shall mail a check payable to the veteran to the institution for delivery to the veteran upon registration.
(3) An institution shall not deliver an advance payment check to a veteran more than 30 days in advance of commencement of his or her program.
(d) Certification for advance payment. VA will authorize advance payment upon receipt of the institution's certification of the following information:
(2) The institution has accepted the veteran or he or she is eligible to continue his or her training;
(2) At the beginning of any other enrollment period which begins after a break in enrollment of one full calendar month or longer.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3680(d))
(1) VA will make all payments other than advance payments at the end of the month for the veteran's training during that month.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3680(g))
(g) Payments for courses which are repeated. VA may pay subsistence allowance to a veteran who repeats a course under conditions described in § 21.132.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3680(a))
[49 FR 40814, Oct. 18, 1984; 50 FR 9622, Mar. 11, 1985]
Title 38 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.