§ 21.382Training and staff development for personnel providing assistance under Chapter 31.
(a)General. VA shall provide a program of ongoing professional training and development for staff of the VR&E Service engaged in providing rehabilitation services under chapter 31. The objective of such training shall be to insure that rehabilitation services for disabled veterans are provided in accordance with the most advanced knowledge, methods, and techniques available for the rehabilitation of disabled persons. The areas in which training and development services may be provided to enhance staff skills include:
(1) Evaluation and assessment:
(2) Medical aspects of disability;
(3) Psychological aspects of disability;
(4) Counseling theory and techniques;
(5) Personal and vocational adjustment;
(6) Occupational information;
(7) Placement processes and job development;
(8) Special considerations in rehabilitation of the seriously disabled;
(9) Independent living services;
(10) Resources for training and rehabilitation; and
(11) Utilizing research findings and professional publications.
(c)Interagency coordination. VA shall coordinate with the Commissioner of the Rehabilitation Services Administration and the Assistant Secretary for Veterans' Employment in planning and carrying out personnel training in areas of mutual programmatic concern.