(a) The Department of Veterans Affairs and the State approving agencies will take cognizance of the fact that definite duties, functions and responsibilities are conferred upon each of them. To assure that programs of education are administered effectively and efficiently, the cooperation of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the State approving agencies is essential.
(b)State approving agency responsibilities. State approving agencies are responsible for:
(1) Inspecting and supervising schools within the borders of their respective States;
(2) Determining those courses which may be approved for the enrollment of veterans and eligible persons;
(3) Ascertaining whether a school at all times complies with its established standards relating to the course or courses which have been approved;
(4) Determining those licensing and certification tests that may be approved for cost reimbursement to veterans and eligible persons;
(5) Ascertaining whether an organization or entity offering an approved licensing or certification test complies at all times with the provisions of 38 U.S.C. 3689; and
(6) Under an agreement with VA rendering services and obtaining information necessary for the Secretary's approval or disapproval under chapters 30 through 36, title 38 U.S.C. and chapters 107 and 1606, title 10 U.S.C., of courses of education offered by any agency or instrumentality of the Federal Government within the borders of their respective States.
(c) The Department of Veterans Affairs will furnish State approving agencies with copies of such Department of Veterans Affairs informational and instructional material as may aid them in carrying out the provisions of 38 U.S.C. chapter 36.