38 CFR 21.4258 - Notice of approval.
(a) General; letter of approval and other notice of approval requirements. The State approving agency, upon determining that an educational institution, training establishment, or organization or entity offering a licensing or certification test has complied with all the requirements for approval will—
(1) Notify by letter, as described in paragraph (b) of this section, each such educational institution, training establishment, or organization or entity offering a licensing or certification test; and
(2) Furnish VA an official copy of the letter, any attachments, and any subsequent amendments. In addition, the State approving agency will furnish VA a copy of each such—
(1) For an educational institution: (i) Date of the letter and effective date of approval of courses;
(iii) Authority for approval and conditions of approval, referring specifically to the approved catalog or bulletin;
(iv) Name of each course approved, except that a State approving agency, in lieu of listing the name of each course approved at an institution of higher learning, may identify approved courses by reference to page numbers in the school catalog or bulletin;
(v) Where applicable, enrollment limitations, such as maximum number of students authorized and student-teacher ratio;
(vii) Such other fair and reasonable provisions as are considered necessary by the appropriate State approving agency.
(2) For a training establishment: (i) Date of the letter and effective date of approval of the apprentice or other on-the-job training;
(vi) Such other fair and reasonable provisions as are considered necessary by the appropriate State approving agency; and
(iv) Where applicable, enrollment limitations such as maximum numbers authorized and test taker-test proctor ratio; and
(i) Proprietary vocational, trade, technical, or other institutions and such schools not a part of a public elementary or secondary school.
(ii) All other educational institutions which the Department of Education has not determined to be in compliance with the equal opportunity laws listed in paragraph (c)(1) of this section.
(3) Whenever a State approving agency forwards to VA a Notice of Approval for a course offered by an institution described in paragraph (c)(2) of this section, it shall also forward the institution's signed statement of compliance with these equal opportunity laws.
(20 U.S.C. 1681 et seq.; 29 U.S.C. 794; 38 U.S.C. 501, 3671; 42 U.S.C. 2000d, 6101 et seq.;38 CFR parts 18, 18a, 18b)(The Office of Management and Budget has approved the information collection provisions in this section under control number 2900-0051)
[31 FR 6774, May 6, 1966, as amended at 32 FR 3979, Mar. 11, 1967; 32 FR 13405, Sept. 23, 1967; 51 FR 26158, July 21, 1986; 72 FR 16974, Apr. 5, 2007]
Title 38 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.