38 CFR 21.5100 - Counseling.
prev | next
(3) To resolve any personal problems which are likely to interfere with the successful pursuit of a program.
(1) Identifying and removing reasons for academic difficulties which may result in interruption or discontinuance of training, or
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3697A(a))
(c) Optional counseling. VA shall provide counseling as needed for the purposes identified in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section upon request of the individual. VA shall take appropriate steps (including individual notification where feasible) to acquaint all participants with the availability and advantages of counseling services.
(1) In any case in which VA has rated the veteran as being incompetent, VA must provide counseling as described in 38 U.S.C. 3697A prior to selection of a program of education or training. The counseling will follow the veteran's initial application for benefits or any communication from the veteran or guardian indicating that the veteran wishes to change his or her program. This requirement that counseling be provided is met when—
(2) The veteran may follow the recommendations developed in the course of counseling, but is not required to do so.
(3) VA will take no further action on a veteran's application for assistance under 38 U.S.C. chapter 32 unless he or she—
Title 38 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.