38 CFR 61.50 - Technical assistance grants
prev | next
(a) General. VA provides technical assistance grants to entities or organizations with expertise in preparing grant applications relating to the provision of assistance for homeless veterans. The recipients must use the grants to provide technical assistance to nonprofit organizations with experience in providing assistance to homeless veterans in order to help such groups apply for grants under this part, or from any other source, for addressing the needs of homeless veterans. Current recipients of any grant under this part (other than a technical assistance grant), or their sub-recipients, are ineligible for technical assistance grants.
(b) Allowable activities. Technical assistance grant recipients may use grant funds for the following activities:
(1) Group or individual “how-to” grant writing seminars, providing instructions on applying for a grant. Topics must include:
(2) Creation and dissemination of “how-to” grant writing materials, i.e., compact disks, booklets, web pages or other media specifically designed to facilitate and instruct applicants in the completion of grant applications.
(3) Group or individual seminars, providing instructions on the legal obligations associated with grant applications. Topics must include:
(i) Office of Management and Budget (OMB) grant management circulars and forms, 2 CFR parts 215, 225, 230;
(4) Telephone, video conferencing or email with potential grant applicants that specifically address grant application questions.
(c) Unallowable activities. Technical assistance grant recipients may not use grant funds for the following activities:
(1) Meetings, consortia, or any similar activity that does not assist community agencies in seeking grants to aid homeless veterans.
(2) Referral of individual veterans to agencies for benefits, housing, medical assistance, or social services.
Title 38 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.