(a)Authority. The Seal described in this section is hereby established as the official seal of the Postal Rate Commission.
(1) On a white disc within a blue border with inner and outer rims gold and inscribed at top POSTAL RATE COMMISSION and in base, between two small five-pointed stars, 1970, all in gold, the shield of the coat of arms in full color blazoned as follows:
Five blue stars on a white stripe running from the upper left to the lower right of the shield, with three white billets on each of the upper and lower sections of the shield, the former blue and the latter red.
(2) The official seal of the Postal Rate Commission is modified when reproduced in black and white and when embossed, as it appears in this section.
(c)Custody and authorization to affix.
(1) The seal is the official emblem of the Postal Rate Commission and its use is therefore permitted only as provided in this part.
(2) The seal shall be kept in the custody of the Secretary and is to be used to authenticate records of the Postal Rate Commission and for other official purposes.
(3) Use by any person or organization outside of the Commission may be made only with the Commission's prior written approval. Such request must be made in writing to the Secretary.
[39 FR 2481, Jan. 22, 1974. Redesignated at 42 FR 3646, Jan. 19, 1977, and 48 FR 13168, Mar. 30, 1983. Redesignated and amended at 72 FR 33165, June 15, 2007]
Effective Date Note:
At 72 FR 33165, June 15, 2007, § 3002.3 was stayed indefinitely.
Title 39 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 39.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.