Procedures for requesting inspection, copying, or correction.
(a) An individual who—
(1) Wishes to know whether a Commission system of records contains a record about him or her,
(2) Seeks access to a Commission record about him or her that is maintained in a system of records (including the accounting of disclosures), or
(3) Seeks to amend a record about him or her that is maintained in a system of records, may file a written request with the chief administrative officer of the Commission at the Commission's current address (901 New York Avenue NW., Suite 200, Washington, DC 20268-0001). The request should state on the outside of the envelope and in the request that it is a Privacy Act request.
(b) A request for amendment must describe the information sought to be amended and the specific reasons for the amendment.
(c) A requester—
(1) May request an appointment to inspect records at the Commission's offices between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on any day;
(2) Must present suitable identification, such as a driver's license, employee identification card, or Medicare card;
(3) If accompanied by another individual, must sign a statement, if requested by the chief administrative officer, authorizing discussion of his or her record in the presence of that individual;
(4) Who files a request by mail must include his or her date of birth, dates of employment at the Commission (if applicable), and suitable proof of identity, such as a facsimile of a driver's license, employee identification card, or Medicare card; and
(5) Must, if requested by the chief administrative officer, provide additional proof of identification.
Title 39 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.