Hard copy requests for records and for expedited processing.
(a) A hard copy request for records must:
(1) Be in writing;
(2) Include the name and address of the requester;
(3) Reasonably describe the records sought;
(4) Include a daytime telephone number;
(5) Be clearly identified as “Freedom of Information Act Request” both in the text of the request and on the envelope;
(6) Identify the request category under § 3004.51; and
(7) Be submitted to the Secretary of the Commission at the offices of the Commission (901 New York Avenue, NW., Suite 200, Washington, DC 20268-0001).
(b) Expedited processing. A person demonstrating a compelling need as defined in 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(6)(E)(v) may request expedited processing at the time of an initial request (or appeal) or at a later time. In addition to the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section, an expedited request for records must: