§ 1068.305How do I get an exemption or exclusion for imported engines/equipment?
(a) You must meet the requirements of the specific exemption or exclusion you intend to use, including any labeling requirements that apply, and complete the appropriate declaration form described in § 1068.301(d).
(b) If we ask for it, prepare a written request in which you do the following:
(1) Give your name, address, telephone number, and taxpayer identification number.
(2) Give the engine/equipment owner's name, address, telephone number, and taxpayer identification number.
(3) Identify the make, model, identification number, and original production year of all engines/equipment.
(4) Identify which exemption or exclusion in this subpart allows you to import nonconforming engines/equipment and describe how your engine/equipment qualifies.
(5) Tell us where you will keep your engines/equipment if you might need to store them until we approve your request.
(6) Authorize us to inspect or test your engines/equipment as the Clean Air Act allows.
(c) We may ask for more information.
(d) You may import the nonconforming engines/equipment you identify in your request if you get prior written approval from us. U.S. Customs and Border Protection may require you to present the approval letter. We may temporarily or permanently approve the exemptions or exclusions, as described in this subpart.
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.