40 CFR 147.1655 - Requirements for wells authorized by permit.
prev | next
(a) The owner or operator of a Class I well authorized by permit shall install or shall ensure that the well has:
(i) Extending from the surface to a depth at least 50 feet below the base of the lowermost USDW; and
(1) Install surface casing from the surface to at least 50 feet below the base of the lowermost USDW.
(2) Cement the casing by recirculating to the surface or by using no less than 120% of the calculated annular volume.
(3) For new enhanced recovery wells, install tubing or long string casing extending to the injection zone.
(4) For new salt water disposal wells, install long string casing and tubing extending to the injection zone.
(5) Isolate any injection zone by placing sufficient cement to fill the calculated volume to a point 50 feet above the injection zone.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.