The UIC program for Class II wells in the State of Wyoming, except those on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission approved by EPA pursuant to section 1425 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the FR on November 23, 1982 ( 47 FR 52434 ); the effective date of this program is December 23, 1982. This program consists of the following elements as submitted to EPA in the State's program application:
(a) Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Wyoming. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the OFR in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR Part 51. Copies may be obtained at the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Office of the State Oil and Gas Supervisor, P.O. Box 2640, 77 West First Street, Casper, Wyoming, 82602. Copies may be inspected at the Environmental Protection Agency, Region VIII, 999 18th Street, Suite 500, Denver, Colorado, 80202-2405, or at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(1) Rules and Regulations of the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, including Rules of Practice and Procedure, as published by the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, August 7, 1990;
(2) Title 30, Chapter 5, Wyoming Statutes, sections 30-5-101 through 30-5-126 (June 1983 and Wyoming Statutes Annotated, July 1990 Supp.).
(b) Memorandum of Agreement.(1) The initial Memorandum of Agreement between EPA, Region VIII and Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, signed by the EPA Regional Administrator and the Oil Field Supervisor of the Commission on June 2, 1982;
(2) Amendment No. 1 to the Memorandum of Agreement, dated December 22, 1982;
(3) Amendment No. 2 to the Memorandum of Agreement, dated January 25, 1990;
(4) Letter from State Oil and Gas Supervisor, Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, to the Acting Director, Water Management Division, EPA Region VIII, “Re: Application for Primacy in the Regulation of Class II Injection Wells,” March 8, 1982;
(5) Letter from State Oil and Gas Supervisor, Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, to EPA Region VIII, “Re: Regulation of Liquid Hydrocarbon Storage Wells Under the UIC Program,” July 1, 1982;
(6) Memorandum of Agreement Between the Wyoming State Board of Control, State Engineer, Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, and the Department of Environmental Quality, dated October 14, 1981.
(c) Statement of legal authority.(1) “Statement of Legal Authority” and “State Review of Regulations and Statutes Relevant to the UIC Program-Class II Wells,” signed by Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wyoming, as submitted with “Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Application for Primacy in the Regulation of Class II Injection Wells under Section 1425 of the Safe Drinking Water Act,” November 1981;
(2) Letter from special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wyoming to Assistant Regional Counsel, EPA Region VIII, May 13, 1982;
(3) Letter from special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wyoming to Assistant Regional Counsel, EPA Region VIII, July 1, 1982.
(d) Program Description. The Program Description and other material submitted as part of the application or amendments thereto, including the memorandum to the National UIC Branch reporting on Improvement to the Wyoming Oil and Gas 1425 program, dated April 28, 1989.
[56 FR 9421, Mar. 6, 1991]
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.