(a) The Regional Administrator may require the owner or operator of any well authorized by rule to apply for an individual or area permit. The Regional Administrator shall notify the owner/operator in writing that a permit application is required. The notice shall contain:
(1) Explanation of need for application;
(2) Application form and, if appropriate, a list of additional information to be submitted; and
(3) Deadline for application submission.
(b) Cases in which the Regional Administrator may require a permit include:
(1) The owner or operator is not in compliance with provisions of the rule;
(2) Injection well is no longer within the category of wells authorized by rule;
(3) Protection of USDWs requires that the injection operation be regulated by requirements which are not contained in the rule; or
(4) Discretion of Regional Administrator.
(c) Injection is no longer authorized by rule upon the effective date of a permit or permit denial, or upon failure of the owner/operator to submit an application in a timely manner as specified in the notice described in paragraph (a) of this section.
(d) Any owner/operator authorized by rule may request to be excluded from the coverage of the rules by applying for an individual or area UIC permit.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.