40 CFR 147.2925 - Standard permit conditions.
(a) The permittee must comply with all permit conditions, except as authorized by an emergency permit (described in § 147.2906). Noncompliance is grounds for permit modification, permit termination or enforcement action.
(b) The permittee has a duty to halt or reduce activity in order to maintain compliance with permit conditions.
(c) The permittee shall take all reasonable steps to mitigate any adverse environmental impact resulting from noncompliance.
(d) The permittee shall properly operate and maintain all facilities installed or used to meet permit conditions. Proper operation and maintenance also includes adequate operator staffing and training, adequate funding, and adequate engineering capability available.
(e) This permit may be modified or terminated for cause (see §§ 147.2927 and 147.2928). The filing of a request by the permittee for a permit modification or termination, or a notification of planned changes or anticipated noncompliance, does not stay any permit condition.
(g) The permittee shall furnish, within a reasonable time, information that the Regional Administrator requests, for determination of permit compliance, or if cause exists, for permit modification or termination.
(h) The permittee shall allow EPA representatives, upon presentation of appropriate credentials or other documentation, to:
(1) Enter permittee's premises where a regulated activity is conducted or located, or where records required by this permit are kept;
(3) Inspect any facilities, equipment, practices or operations regulated or required by this permit; and
(4) Sample or monitor any substances or parameters at any location for purpose of assuring compliance with this permit or the SDWA.
(v) Analytical techniques or methods used, including quality assurance techniques employed to insure the generation of reliable data; and
(j) Signatory requirements. All applications, reports or information submitted to the Regional Administrator or the Osage UIC office must be signed by the injection facility owner/operator or his duly authorized representative. The person signing these documents must make the following certification:
“I certify under penalty of law that I have personally examined and am familiar with the information submitted in this document and all attachments and that, based on my inquiry of those individuals immediately responsible for obtaining the information, I believe that the information is true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false information, including the possibility of fine and imprisonment.”
(1) The permittee shall notify the Regional Administrator as soon as possible of any planned changes to the facility.
(2) The permittee shall give advance notice to the Regional Administrator of any planned changes which may result in noncompliance.
(3) This permit is not transferable to any person except after notice to the Regional Administrator in accordance with § 147.2926.
(l) A new injection well shall not commence injection until construction is complete and the Regional Administrator has been notified of completion of construction and has given his approval to commence injection.(The information collection requirements contained in paragraphs (g) and (i) were approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2040-0042)
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.