The UIC program for all classes of wells in the State of Georgia, except those wells on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division approved by EPA pursuant to section 1422 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on April 19, 1984 ( 49 FR 15553 ); the effective date of this program is May 21, 1984. This program consists of the following elements, as submitted to EPA in the State's program application:
(a) Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Georgia. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the OFR in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies may be obtained at the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division, 270 Washington Street, SW., Atlanta, Georgia, 30334. Copies may be inspected at the Environmental Protection Agency, Region IV, 345 Courtland Street, NE., Atlanta, Georgia, 30365, or at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(1) Oil and Gas and Deep Drilling Act of 1975, Official Code of Georgia Annotated (O.C.G.A.) §§ 12-4-40 through 12-4-53 (1988);
(2) Ground Water Use Act of 1972, O.C.G.A. §§ 12-5-90 through 12-5-107 (1988);
(3) Water Well Standards Act of 1985, O.C.G.A. §§ 12-5-120, through 12-5-138 (1988);
(4) Georgia Administrative Procedure Act, O.C.G.A. §§ 50-13-1 through 50-13-22 (Reprinted from the O.C.G.A. and 1988 Cumm. Supp.);
(5) Georgia Water Quality Control Act, O.C.G.A. §§ 12-5-20 through 12-5-53 (1988);