Procedures for accessing, correcting, or amending personal records.
(a) Any individual who—
(1) Wishes to be informed whether a system of records maintained by EPA contains any record pertaining to him or her,
(2) Seeks access to an EPA record about him or her that is maintained in an EPA PA system of records, including an accounting of any disclosures of that record; or
(3) Seeks to amend or correct a record about him or her that is maintained in a system of records, may submit a written request to the EPA Privacy Act Officer, Environmental Protection Agency, Headquarters Freedom of Information Office, Office of Environmental Information (MC-2822T), 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20460 or via the Agency's Privacy Act Web site at http://www.epa.gov/privacy or by fax, (202) 566-1639.
(b) All requests for access to, or the correction or amendment of personal records should cite the Privacy Act of 1974 and reference the type of request being made (i.e., access, correction or amendment). Requests must include:
(1) The name and signature of the individual making the request;
(2) The name of the PA system of records (as set forth in EPA's Federal Register PA systems of records notices) to which the request relates; and
(3) A statement whether a personal inspection of the records or a copy of them by mail is desired.
(c) A statement declaring his or her identity and stipulating that he or she understands it is a misdemeanor punishable by fine up to $5,000 to knowingly and willfully seek or obtain access to records about another individual under false pretenses.
(d) A requester who cannot determine which PA system of records to request may ask for assistance by writing to the Headquarters Freedom of Information Office, Attention: Privacy Act Officer, Environmental Protection Agency, (MC-2822T), 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20460 or via e-mail to http://www.epa.gov/privacy or by fax, (202) 566-1639.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.