(a) Whenever the Administrator determines that a State having primary enforcement responsibility for pesticide use violations is not carrying out such responsibility, or cannot carry out such responsibility due to the lack of adequate legal authority, the Administrator shall notify the State in writing of his intent to rescind its primary enforcement responsibility, in whole or in part, by serving upon the State a notice of intent to rescind.
(b) The notice of intent to rescind shall:
(1) Specify those aspects of the State's pesticide use enforcement program determined to be inadequate;
(2) Specify the facts which underlie the findings contained in the rescission notice;
(3) Have attached thereto copies of any relevant documents discoverable under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Freedom of Information Act which contain data relied upon by the Administrator in making his decision to issue the notice;
(4) Have attached thereto a copy of this part; and
(5) Be sent to the State by certified mail, return receipt requested.
(c) The State may respond in writing to the findings specified in the notice of intent to rescind.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.