40 CFR 2.213 - Designation by business of addressee for notices and inquiries.
(a) A business which wishes to designate a person or office as the proper addressee of communications from EPA to the business under this subpart may do so by furnishing in writing to the Headquarters Freedom of Information Operations (1105), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460, the following information: The name and address of the business making the designation; the name, address, and telephone number of the designated person or office; and a request that EPA inquiries and communications (oral and written) under this subpart, including inquiries and notices which require reply within deadlines if the business is to avoid waiver of its rights under this subpart, be furnished to the designee pursuant to this section. Only one person or office may serve at any one time as a business's designee under this subpart.
(b) If a business has named a designee under this section, the following EPA inquiries and notices to the business shall be addressed to the designee:
(1) Inquiries concerning a business's desire to assert a business confidentiality claim, under § 2.204(c)(2)(i)(A);
(2) Notices affording opportunity to substantiate confidentiality claims, under § 2.204(d)(1) and § 2.204(e);
(3) Inquires concerning comments, under § 2.205(b)(4);
(4) Notices of denial of confidential treatment and proposed disclosure of information, under § 2.205(f);
(5) Notices concerning shortened comment and/or waiting periods under § 2.205(g);
(6) Notices concerning modifications or overrulings of prior determinations, under § 2.205(h);
(7) Notices to affected businesses under §§ 2.301(g) and 2.301(h) and analogous provisions in §§ 2.302, 2.303, 2.304, 2.305, 2.306, 2.307, and 2.308; and
(8) Notices to affected businesses under § 2.209.
(c) The Freedom of Information Officer shall, as quickly as possible, notify all EPA offices that may possess information submitted by the business to EPA, the Regional Freedom of Information Offices, the Office of General Counsel, and the offices of Regional Counsel of any designation received under this section. Businesses making designations under this section should bear in mind that several working days may be required for dissemination of this information within EPA and that some EPA offices may not receive notice of such designations.
[41 FR 36902, Sept. 1, 1976, as amended at 43 FR 40001, Sept. 8, 1978]
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.