(a) (1) The manufacturer must submit a copy of the test report for all testing conducted pursuant to § 205.160 at the conclusion of each 24-hour period during which testing is done.
(2) For each test conducted the manufacturer must provide the following information:
(i) Category, configuration or configuration subgroup identification where applicable;
(ii) Year, make, assembly date, and model of vehicle;
(iii) Vehicle serial number; and
(iv) Test results by serial numbers.
(b) In the case where an EPA Enforcement Officer is present during testing required by this subpart, the written reports requested in paragraph (a) of this section may be given directly to the Enforcement Officer.
(c) Within 5 days after completion of testing of an SEA, the manufacturer must submit to the Administrator -a final report which will include the -following:
(1) The name, location, and description of the manufacturer's noise emission test facilities which meet the specifications of Appendix I, and were utilized to conduct testing reported under this section, except, that a test facility that has been described in a previous submission under this subpart need not again be described, but must be identified as that facility.
(2) The following information for each noise emission test conducted:
(i) The individual records for the test vehicles required by § 205.161(a)(2) for all noise emission tests including for each invalid test, the reason for invalidation.
(ii) A complete description of any modification, repair, preparation, maintenance, or testing which could affect the noise emissions of the product and which was performed on the test vehicle but not performed on all other production vehicles; and,
(iii) The test results for any replaced vehicle and the reason for its replacement.
(3) A complete description of the sound data acquisition system if other than those specified in Appendix I.
(4) The following statement and endorsement:
This report is submitted pursuant to section 6 and section 13 of the Noise Control Act of 1972. To the best of ___ (company name) knowledge, all testing for which data are reported here was conducted in strict conformance with applicable regulations under 40 CFR part 205et seq., all the data reported here are a true and accurate representation of such testing, and all other information -reported here is true and accurate. I am -aware of the penalties associated with vio-la-tions of the Noise Control Act of 1972 and the regulations thereunder. ___ (authorized representative).
(5) Additional information required by the test request.
(d) Information required to be submitted to the Administrator under this section must be sent to the following address: Director, Noise and Radiation Enforcement Division, (EN-387), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.