40 CFR 222.12 - Appeal to Administrator.
(1) The Administrator delegates to the Environmental Appeals Board authority to issue final decisions in appeals filed under this part. An appeal directed to the Administrator, rather than to the Environmental Appeals Board, will not be considered. This delegation of authority to the Environmental Appeals Board does not preclude the Environmental Appeals Board from referring an appeal or a motion filed under this part to the Administrator for decision when the Environmental Appeals Board, in its discretion, deems it appropriate to do so. When an appeal or motion to referred to the Administrator, all parties shall be so notified and the rules in this section referring to the Environmental Appeals Board shall be interpreted as referring to the Administrator.
(2) Within 10 days following receipt of the determination of the Regional Administrator pursuant to paragraph (f)(2) of § 222.11, any party to an adjudicatory hearing held in accordance with § 222.11 may appeal such determination to the Environmental Appeals Board by filing a written notice of appeal, or the Environmental Appeals Board may, on its own initiative, review any prior determination.
(2) A concise statement of the facts on which the person relies and appropriate citations to the record of the adjudicatory hearing;
(4) A concise statement setting forth the action which the person proposes that the Environmental Appeals Board take; and
(5) A certificate of service of the notice of appeal on all other parties to the adjudicatory hearing.
(c) The effective date of any determination made pursuant to paragraph (f)(2) of § 222.11 may be stayed by the Environmental Appeals Board pending final determination by it pursuant to this section upon the filing of a notice of appeal which satisfies the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section or upon initiation by the Environmental Appeals Board of review of any determination in the absence of such notice of appeal.
(d) Within 20 days following the filing of a notice of appeal in accordance with this section, any party to the adjudicatory hearing may file a written memorandum, no more than 40 pages in length, in response thereto.
(e) Within 45 days following the filing of a notice of appeal in accordance with this section, the Environmental Appeals Board shall render its final determination with respect to all issues raised in the appeal to the Environmental Appeals Board and shall affirm, reverse, or modify the previous determination and briefly state the basis for its determination.
(f) In accordance with 5 U.S.C. section 704, the filing of an appeal to the Environmental Appeals Board pursuant to this section shall be a prerequisite to judicial review of any determination to issue or impose conditions upon any permit, or to modify, revoke or suspend any permit, or to take any other -enforcement action, under this subchapter H.
[42 FR 2471, Jan. 11, 1977, as amended at 57 FR 5346, Feb. 13, 1992]
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.