40 CFR 233.23 - Permit conditions.
prev | next
(a) For each permit the Director shall establish conditions which assure compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, including the 404(b)(1) Guidelines, applicable section 303 water quality standards, and applicable section 307 effluent standards and prohibitions.
(1) A specific identification and complete description of the authorized activity including name and address of permittee, location and purpose of discharge, type and quantity of material to be discharged. (This subsection is not applicable to general permits).
(3) The permittee shall comply with all conditions of the permit even if that requires halting or reducing the permitted activity to maintain compliance. Any permit violation constitutes a violation of the Act as well as of State statute and/or regulation.
(4) The permittee shall take all reasonable steps to minimize or prevent any discharge in violation of this permit.
(6) The permittee shall provide such information to the Director, as the Director requests, to determine compliance status, or whether cause exists -for permit modification, revocation or -termination.
(7) Monitoring, reporting and recordkeeping requirements as needed to safeguard the aquatic environment. (Such requirements will be determined on a case-by-case basis, but at a minimum shall include monitoring and reporting of any expected leachates, reporting of noncompliance, planned changes or transfer of the permit.)
(8) Inspection and entry. The permittee shall allow the Director, or his authorized representative, upon presentation of proper identification, at reasonable times to:
(i) Enter upon the permittee's premises where a regulated activity is located or where records must be kept under the conditions of the permit,
(iv) Sample or monitor, for the purposes of assuring permit compliance or as otherwise authorized by the Act, any substances or parameters at any location.
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.