40 CFR 233.70 - Michigan.
prev | next
The applicable regulatory program for discharges of dredged or fill material into waters of the United States in Michigan that are not presently used, or susceptible for use in their natural condition or by reasonable improvement as a means to transport interstate or foreign commerce shoreward to the ordinary high water mark, including wetlands adjacent thereto, except those on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, approved by EPA, pursuant to section 404 of the CWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on October 2, 1984; the effective date of this program is October 16, 1984. This program consists of the following elements, as submitted to EPA in the State's program application.
(a) Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable 404 Program under the CWA for the State of Michigan. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register on October 16, 1984.
(1) The Great Lakes Submerged Lands Act, MCL 322.701 et seq., reprinted in Michigan 1983 Natural Resources Law.
(2) The Water Resources Commission Act, MCL 323.1 et seq., reprinted in Michigan 1983 Natural Resources Law.
(3) The Goemaere-Anderson Wetland Protection Act, MCL 281.701 et seq., reprinted in Michigan 1983 Natural Resources Law.
(4) The Inland Lakes and Stream Act, MCL 281.951 et seq., reprinted in Michigan 1983 Natural Resources Law.
(6) An act concerning the Erection of Dams, MCL 281.131 et seq., reprinted in Michigan 1983 Natural Resources Law.
(7) R 281.811 through R 281.819 inclusive, R 281.821, R 281.823, R 281.824, R 281.832 through R 281.839 inclusive, and R 281.841 through R 281.845 inclusive of the Michigan Administrative Code (1979 ed., 1982 supp.).
(b) Other Laws. The following statutes and regulations, although not incorporated by reference, also are part of the approved State-administered program:
(1) The Memorandum of Agreement between EPA Region V and the Michigan Department of Natural resources, signed by the EPA Region V Administrator on December 9, 1983.
(2) The Memorandum of Agreement between the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, signed by the Commander, North Central Division, on March 27, 1984.
(1) “Attorney General Certification section 404/State of Michigan”, signed by Attorney General of Michigan, as submitted with the request for approval of “The State of Michigan 404 Program”, October 26, 1983.
(e) The Program description and any other materials submitted as part of the original application or supplements thereto.
(33 U.S.C. 13344, CWA 404)
[49 FR 38948, Oct. 2, 1984. Redesignated at 53 FR 20776, June 6, 1988. Redesignated at 58 FR 8183, Feb. 11, 1993]
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.