(a) The regulations of this subpart apply to recyclable materials that are reclaimed to recover economically significant amounts of gold, silver, platinum, palladium, iridium, osmium, rhodium, ruthenium, or any combination of these.
(b) Persons who generate, transport, or store recyclable materials that are regulated under this subpart are subject to the following requirements:
(1) Notification requirements under section 3010 of RCRA;
(2) Subpart B of part 262 (for generators), §§ 263.20 and 263.21 (for transporters), and §§ 265.71 and 265.72 (for persons who store) of this chapter; and
(3) For precious metals exported to or imported from designated OECD member countries for recovery, subpart H of part 262 and § 265.12(a)(2) of this chapter. For precious metals exported to or imported from non-OECD countries for recovery, subparts E and F of 40 CFR part 262.
(c) Persons who store recycled materials that are regulated under this subpart must keep the following records to document that they are not accumulating these materials speculatively (as defined in § 261.1(c) of this chapter );
(1) Records showing the volume of these materials stored at the beginning of the calendar year;
(2) The amount of these materials generated or received during the calendar year; and
(3) The amount of materials remaining at the end of the calendar year.
(d) Recyclable materials that are regulated under this subpart that are accumulated speculatively (as defined in § 261.1(c) of this chapter) are subject to all applicable provisions of parts 262 through 265, 267, 270, and 124 of this chapter.
[50 FR 666, Jan. 4, 1985, as amended at 61 FR 16315, Apr. 12, 1996; 71 FR 40277, July 14, 2006; 75 FR 13007, Mar. 18, 2010]
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.