40 CFR 270.20 - Specific part B information requirements for land treatment facilities.
Except as otherwise provided in § 264.1, owners and operators of facilities that use land treatment to dispose of hazardous waste must provide the following additional information:
(a) A description of plans to conduct a treatment demonstration as required under § 264.272. The description must include the following information;
(1) The wastes for which the demonstration will be made and the potential hazardous constituents in the waste;
(2) The data sources to be used to make the demonstration (e.g., literature, laboratory data, field data, or operating data);
(iv) Characteristics of the unit that will be simulated in the demonstration, including treatment zone characteristics, climatic conditions, and operating practices.
(b) A description of a land treatment program, as required under § 264.271. This information must be submitted with the plans for the treatment demonstration, and updated following the treatment demonstration. The land treatment program must address the following items:
(2) Design measures and operating practices necessary to maximize treatment in accordance with § 264.273(a) including:
(vii) The justification for any hazardous constituents recommended for selection as principal hazardous constituents, in accordance with the criteria for such selection in § 264.278(a);
(4) A list of hazardous constituents reasonably expected to be in, or derived from, the wastes to be land treated based on waste analysis performed pursuant to § 264.13;
(c) A description of how the unit is or will be designed, constructed, operated, and maintained in order to meet the requirements of § 264.273. This submission must address the following items:
(4) Management of collection and holding facilities associated with run-on and run-off control systems;
(5) Periodic inspection of the unit. This information should be included in the inspection plan submitted under § 270.14(b)(5);
(d) If food-chain crops are to be grown in or on the treatment zone of the land treatment unit, a description of how the demonstration required under § 264.276(a) will be conducted including:
(2) Characteristics of the waste, treatment zone, and waste application method and rate to be used in the demonstration;
(4) Characteristics of the comparison crop including the location and conditions under which it was or will be grown;
(e) If food-chain crops are to be grown, and cadmium is present in the land-treated waste, a description of how the requirements of § 264.276(b) will be complied with;
(f) A description of the vegetative cover to be applied to closed portions of the facility, and a plan for maintaining such cover during the post-closure care period, as required under §§ 264.280(a)(8) and 264.280(c)(2). This information should be included in the closure plan and, where applicable, the post-closure care plan submitted under § 270.14(b)(13);
(g) If ignitable or reactive wastes will be placed in or on the treatment zone, an explanation of how the requirements of § 264.281 will be complied with;
(h) If incompatible wastes, or incompatible wastes and materials, will be placed in or on the same treatment zone, an explanation of how § 264.282 will be complied with.
(i) A waste management plan for EPA Hazardous Waste Nos. FO20, FO21, FO22, FO23, FO26, and FO27 describing how a land treatment facility is or will be designed, constructed, operated, and maintained to meet the requirements of § 264.283. This submission must address the following items as specified in § 264.283:
(1) The volume, physical, and chemical characteristics of the wastes, including their potential to migrate through soil or to volatilize or escape into the atmosphere;
[48 FR 14228, Apr. 1, 1983; 48 FR 30114, June 30, 1983, as amended at 50 FR 2006, Jan. 14, 1985; 71 FR 40279, July 14, 2006]
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.