(a) Any person who conducts either of the following activities is subject to the requirements of this subpart:
(1) Directs a shipment of off-specification used oil from their facility to a used oil burner; or
(2) First claims that used oil that is to be burned for energy recovery meets the used oil fuel specifications set forth in § 279.11.
(b) The following persons are not marketers subject to this subpart:
(1) Used oil generators, and transporters who transport used oil received only from generators, unless the generator or transporter directs a shipment of off-specification used oil from their facility to a used oil burner. However, processors/re-refiners who burn some used oil fuel for purposes of processing are considered to be burning incidentally to processing. Thus, generators and transporters who direct shipments of off-specification used oil to processor/re-refiners who incidentally burn used oil are not marketers subject to this Subpart;
(2) Persons who direct shipments of on-specification used oil and who are not the first person to claim the oil meets the used oil fuel specifications of § 279.11.
(c) Any person subject to the requirements of this Subpart must also comply with one of the following:
(1) Subpart C of this part—Standards for Used Oil Generators;
(2) Subpart E of this part—Standards for Used Oil Transporters and Transfer Facilities;
(3) Subpart F of this part—Standards for Used Oil Processors and Re-refiners; or
(4) Subpart G of this part—Standards for Used Oil Burners who Burn Off-Specification Used Oil for Energy Recovery.
[57 FR 41612, Sept. 10, 1992, as amended at 58 FR 26426, May 3, 1993; 71 FR 40280, July 14, 2006]
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.